The Value of Restorative Practice: An Introduction
Join participants from Canada and around the world on Thursday, September 22, from 11 a.m. to noon EDT, in exploring the fundamental principles of restorative practice.
In this webinar, presented by IIRP Canada, an affiliate of the International Institute for Restorative practices, you will learn:
- Philosophies and approaches that support restorative practice.
- How to think and act restoratively.
- The positive impacts that restorative practice can have on the climate of your organization.
- Restorative ways to motivate and engage others.
- How to deal with harm in ways which allow individuals to be heard, held accountable, and move forward productively.
- Local training opportunities that are available to help your organization become more restorative.
October 24-26, 2016 | Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
Register now »
May 9-10, 2017 | Dublin, Ireland (Citywest Hotel)
A call for presenters will be available in late October 2016. The conference will highlight several key issues that European countries are currently facing: de-radicalization and preventing radicalization; migration and immigration; and historic sexual abuse, child sexual exploitation, human trafficking and the sex trade.
Efforts by IIRP Canada and its partners have exciting implications for the application of restorative practices in the workplace.
Bruce Schenk, director of IIRP Canada, recently worked with the Department of Community Services of Nova Scotia to support its goal of “becoming a restorative organization” and enhancing employee relationships. [Read more…]